Claim No: CFI-014-2016
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) MR RAFED ABDEL MOHSEN BADER AL KHORAFI
(2) MRS AMRAH ALI ABDEL LATIF AL HAMAD
(3) MRS ALIA MOHAMMED SULAIMAN AL RIFAI
(1) BANK SARASIN ALPEN (ME) LIMITED
(2) BANK J. SAFRA SARASIN (FORMERLY BANK SARASIN & CO)
ORDER OF JUDICIAL OFFICER MAHA AL MEHAIRI
FURTHER TO the Consent Order dated 1 August 2017 (the “Consent Order”)
AND UPON reviewing the Claimant’s Application Notice CFI-014-2016/10 dated 10 August 2017 (the “Claimants’ Application”) requesting an extension of time
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The Claimants’ Application is denied.
2. The Claimants shall be fined late filing fee for every day they are late from 10 August 2017 and up to the 22 of August 2017 when the evidence was filed.
3. The Consent Order shall be varied as follows:
(a) The Second Defendant shall file and serve evidence in reply by no later than 4pm on Friday 3 November 2017.
(b) The Second Defendant shall provide the Claimants with a draft index for a hearing bundle in accordance with Rules 23.57-23.60 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts and a draft chronology by no later than 4pm on Thursday 1 February 2018. The Claimants shall provide their comments on the draft index and draft chronology by no later than 4pm on Tuesday 6 February 2018.
(c) The parties shall file with the Court an agreed chronology by no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 February 2018.
(d) The Second Defendant shall file and serve on the Claimants a copy of the hearing bundle 10 working days prior to the first sitting date.
(e) Skeleton arguments and authorities bundles shall by lodged and served 5 working days before the first sitting date.
4. The Claimants shall be jointly and severally liable to pay the Second Defendant’s Costs of responding to the Claimants’ Application.
Maha Al Mehairi
Date of issue: 30 August 2017